Guided Walk at Great Bear Springs Recreation Area for all CNY Land Trust Members and Friends
Date: Saturday, May 6, 2017
Time: 7:30am – approximately 9:00am
Meeting Location: Great Bear Springs Recreation Area entrance and parking lot, where Great Bear Road intersects County Route 57, in Volney – four miles north of Phoenix, Oswego County.
Link to Location Map: https://goo.gl/maps/x5H57uagbhA2
This walk is free and open to the public, bring your friends! Register at this link to let CNY Land Trust know you plan to attend.
Come out to get to know the birds of Great Bear and how you can protect where they live! CNY Land Trust volunteer Matt Young, Collections Management Leader at the Macaulay Library, Cornell Lab of Ornithology, will lead the walk. Bring binoculars if you have them, a water bottle, and plan on wearing shoes and clothing for outdoor weather and walking.
CNY Land Trust and Friends of Great Bear will be on hand to answer your questions about the Campaign to Save Whiskey Island and Northern Great Bear. Thanks to a Richard S. Shineman Foundation challenge grant, donations to keep Great Bear intact are matched dollar-for-dollar! Learn more about the campaign at this link.
More events are coming up in May and June – celebrate spring with CNY Land Trust!
- Saturday, May 20, 2017, 10:00am – 12:00pm, Volunteer Maintenance Day, Woodchuck Hill Field & Forest Preserve, Woodchuck Hill Road, Fayetteville
- Join volunteers to work on trail maintenance at the preserve.
- Saturday, May 27, 2017, 8:00am – 1:00pm, Spring Plant Sale, 5573 Sunview Drive, Elbridge.
- All plant sales benefit CNY Land Trust,
- Stock up on native plants and talk with volunteers about what’s right for your garden.
- Saturday, June 24, 2017, 11:00am-4:00pm, Summer Solstice Garden Tour and Natural Crafts, at Sycamore Hill Gardens, 2130 Old Seneca Turnpike, Marcellus.
- Artisans selling natural crafts, garden tours, food for sale, and more,
- All ticket proceeds benefit CNY Land Trust!