This preserve is named after a tobacco grower who bought this property in 1873. Located on VerPlank Road, the preserve contains grasslands, a stand of pines and some woods. The property was donated to CNYLT in 2000 by Tobias Shaver’s great, great granddaughter.
Our northern most property was donated by Willson Cummer in 2011. This beautiful wooded preserve, boarders the northern edge of Winona State forest and contains, a ravine with nearly 2,000 feet of Little Sandy Creek, a mature mixed forest and a small meadow.