May 12, 2018 – Spring Wildflower Identification Walk at Friendship Woods
Joe McMullen, a local botanist from Bayberry, will lead a spring wildflower identification walk at Friendship Woods. Friendship Woods is a Central New York Land Trust property located east of County Route 57 just north of the Bayberry and Irongate subdivisions in the Town of Clay. The property offers a nice mix of wetlands and upland forest habitats with many spring wildflowers. Trees and shrubs common to the diverse forests in this area will also be covered.
Where: Meet at the dead-end of Apricot Lane on the south side of Friendship Woods.
When: Saturday May 12 at 10:00 a.m.
Dress: This event is rain or shine, so please dress for the weather. Insect repellent may be a good idea.
Parking: Please do not park in the dead-end portion of Apricot Lane. Parking is available along adjacent streets.
More events are coming up in May and June – celebrate spring with CNY Land Trust!
- Saturday, May 19, 2018, 7:30 am – 9:00 am, Spring Bird Walk, Great Bear Recreation Area, Volney.
- Guided walk led by Matt Young, Collections Management Leader at the Macaulay Library, Cornell Lab of Ornithology.
- Meet at Great Bear Springs Recreation Area entrance and parking lot at intersection of Great Bear Road and County Route 57 in Volney.
- Sunday, May 20, 2018, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm, Spring Plant Sale, 5573 Sunview Drive, Elbridge.
- All plant sales benefit CNY Land Trust.
- Stock up on native plants and talk with volunteers about what’s right for your garden.
- Saturday, June 23, 2018, 11:00 am – 4:00 pm, Summer Solstice Garden Tour and Natural Crafts, at Sycamore Hill Gardens, 2130 Old Seneca Turnpike, Marcellus.
- Artisans selling natural crafts, garden tours, food for sale, and more.
- All ticket proceeds benefit CNY Land Trust!