Guided Bird Walk at Great Bear Springs Recreation Area for all CNY Land Trust Members and Friends
Date: Saturday, May 19, 2018
Time: 7:30am – approximately 9:00am
Meeting Location: Great Bear Springs Recreation Area entrance and parking lot, where Great Bear Road intersects County Route 57, in Volney – four miles north of Phoenix, Oswego County.
Link to Location Map: https://goo.gl/maps/x5H57uagbhA2
Come out to get to know the birds of Great Bear and how you can protect where they live! CNY Land Trust volunteer Matt Young, Collections Management Leader at the Macaulay Library, Cornell Lab of Ornithology, will lead the walk. Bring binoculars if you have them, a water bottle, and plan on wearing shoes and clothing for outdoor weather and walking.
More events are coming up in May and June – celebrate spring with CNY Land Trust!
- Saturday, May 12, 2018, 10:00 am, Spring Wildflower Identification Walk, Friendship Woods, Clay
- Guided walk led by local botanist, Joe McMullen.
- Meet at the dead-end of Apricot Lane on the south side of Friendship Woods.
- Sunday, May 20, 2018, 9:00 am – 1:00 pm, Spring Plant Sale, 5573 Sunview Drive, Elbridge.
- All plant sales benefit CNY Land Trust.
- Stock up on native plants and talk with volunteers about what’s right for your garden.
- Saturday, June 23, 2018, 11:00 am – 4:00 pm, Summer Solstice Garden Tour and Natural Crafts, at Sycamore Hill Gardens, 2130 Old Seneca Turnpike, Marcellus.
- Artisans selling natural crafts, garden tours, food for sale, and more.
- All ticket proceeds benefit CNY Land Trust!