Size: 37 acres
Location: Town of Clay
This preserve is named after a tobacco grower who bought this property in 1873. Located on VerPlank Road, the preserve contains grasslands, a stand of pines and some woods. The property was donated to CNYLT in 2000 by Tobias Shaver’s great, great granddaughter. Limited access is off Verplank Rd. in Clay, with no place to park.